Monday, February 4, 2013

Weeks 4 and 5/ Month 1!

To be honest, I really stink at following through with goals and plans. However, I must say that I am getting better. I am currently behind on my Bible readings, and I really haven't been reading my novels like I wanted to in my goals, but I do plan on catching back up quickly.

I have been attempting to become healthier. I found a wonderful app on my phone to keep track of all of my meals and work outs. With this app, I can count calories AND nutrients (to make sure I'm getting enough iron and vitamin C, but not too many sugars or sodium.)

I think the weekends are what really harms my growth. All week I get better and better with keeping track of my goals and my time, but, come Saturday, all that I have improved on goes to waste. I am working on fixing this problem.

Over the past two weeks, I have found many parts in my Bible that have moved me:

Psalm 39: 5
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
    the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Everyone is but a breath,
    even those who seem secure.


Psalm 40: 6-8
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire—
    but my ears you have opened—
    burnt offerings and sin offeringsyou did not require.
Then I said, “Here I am, I have come—
    it is written about me in the scroll.
 I desire to do your will, my God;
    your law is within my heart.”

John 3:18
 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Deuteronomy 11: 18-21
Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates,
so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.

Psalm 54: 4
 Surely God is my help;
    the Lord is the one who sustains me

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord
    and he will sustain you;
he will never let
    the righteous be shaken.

Psalm 56:4
    In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?

Ephesians 2:5, 8
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 

Psalm 59: 16-17
But I will sing of your strength,
    in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
    my refuge in times of trouble.
You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, God, are my fortress,
    my God on whom I can rely

John 11: 51-52
 He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation,  and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one.

John 16: 16,33
 Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”
 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

John 20: 29
Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Deuteronomy 13:4
It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

Matthew 5:14-6
 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


Hopefully, during February, I will be able to achieve a lot more. I have not lost my head or let any setbacks really stop me yet, so I think I can still manage to do it! 
I guess during February I will double time all of my goals to not only play catch up, but to also get ahead. I will read MUCH more and try to read ahead in my Bible during the week so that weekends won't set me back so far. I also hope to work out everyday after work instead of 2 or 3 times a week (if even that.)

We shall see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment