Of course, the holidays definitely help boost my excitement with the end of the year. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, even the first days of the season are like holidays to me. Any time I can spend with my family and friends to celebrate life is wonderful to me, and the holidays seem to be all about the love of family.
So, basically, I love the cooler season. Autumn and Winter. Ahhhhhh....
Of course, as a planner, I have tried to figure out ways to enjoy the season to its fullest. I have made a fun bucket list for the Autumn season.
I have also decided to have "Crock-Pot Sundays." Since there are 13 Sundays in each season, I thought it would be a fun idea to come up with 13 Crock-pot meals to cook over Autumn.
23September;Sunday No. 1- Hungarian Stew, Black Bean/Mushroom Stew
For dessert: Pumpkin Crescents
30 September; Sunday No. 2- Baked Pinto Beans, Carne Asada, Grilled Chicken
For dessert: CAKE!!
07 October; Sunday No. 3- Apple-Infused Pork, Quinoa-Stuffed Peppers
For dessert: Frozen Pumpkin Yogurt
For dessert: Crockpot Apple Cider
21 October; Sunday No. 5-Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder
For dessert: Ice Cream!
28 October; Sunday No. 6- Chicken Pot Pie, Veggie Pot Pie
For dessert: Pumpkin Almond Flaugnarde (Clafoutis)
4 November; Sunday No. 7-
For dessert:
11 November;Sunday No. 8- (Wedding Weekend)
For dessert:
18 November; Sunday No. 9- (Honeymoon Weekend) Pumpkin Mac-n-Cheese
For dessert: Maple Sticky Buns
25 November; Sunday No. 10-Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili
For dessert: Pumpkin Pie Bars
2 December; Sunday No. 11-Brunswick Stew, Curried Squash and Apple Soup
For dessert: Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies
9 December;Sunday No. 12- Moroccan Vegetable Stew
For dessert: Baked Churros
16 December; Sunday No. 13- Smoky Pea Soup
For dessert: Apple Cranberry Pie
This are my two babies. Mollie and Babygirl (aka: Daisy.) During this season, I really want to spend more time with them. Mollie is getting older and needs more attention and affection. Babygirl is a somewhat new addition to the family and we are learning more and more about her everyday. I really want to get a connection with her and go on long walks with her through the woods and in the park. I am excited to get to spend more time with her in the cooler weather.
For the first day of Autumn, I decided to surprise the fiance by waking him up at the back crack of dawn. He, at first, was not very enthusiastic about rising before the sun on a Saturday. But I greated him with pumpkin pie spice coffee and a blanket and told him to get in the truck. We drove in our jammies to a super special secret location (not really-haha) and watched the sun come up over the hills. Although the sun rise was not necessarily the most spectacular that we have ever seen, it was wonderful to get to spend time with him like that. We have been so busy the past two weeks and we seem to lose sight of the beauty of the world. It was wonderful to celebrate Autumn with him that morning, and we both agreed to beat the sun to Our Spot more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment